Thursday, September 21, 2006

FlyLady, thank you

 
Two years ago I said you were crazy.  I thought you were the one hanging out with the crazy cat lady type.  I didn't need you.  I was too cool for you.
 
I'm sorry.
 
Thank you for the order you have brought to my home.
Thank you for giving me BABY steps.
Thank you for letting me enjoy a shiny sink!
Thank you for rotating through zones so that I don't have to run around in a frenzy before a guest stops in.
Thank you for helping me get over the perfectionism of, "I can't do it all today, I'm not doing it at all."
 
Thank you FlyLady, for actually inspiring me to BLESS my home!

5 comments:

Carina said...

I tried Fly Lady and it worked for a couple days. That is, until the reminder emails started. I would get 15 a day, while I was at work, reminding me to clean something or other. I don't need that guilt. They promised the work out of the house moms that they'd eventually put in a feature to stop the constant emailing (I guess I wasn't the only one who felt that way) but they didn't in time for me.

I'm glad it's working for you, I wish it would work for me!

La Yen said...

Yeah, I tried her. Then we got sick and tired and haven't been able to get back on it again. I have the feather dusters, though. They are pretty great.

sue-donym said...

Yeah, been there too. The zone thing is great, but the whole thing is a bit like exercizing. Feels great once you do it, but really who wants to begin?

I offer this... http://suedonym1.blogspot.com/

Guileless Mom said...

az/ly hehe sorry it didn't work for you

Never did try the feather dusters.. I have my own ostrich feather duster that was a SavOn special. oh yea. I just use all the free stuff from the site

As for the emails... I just set up my spam blocker so that I get the zone info... all the rest goes to a folder that I can check if/when I want.. otherwise... "buhleted!"

I grew up with a "SHE" mom--she even printed index cards out for me in highschool. ;-) I prefer the control journal... but what I like MOST about the whole fly lady thing? She understands my brain! The BABYsteps is was clinched it for me. When I actually printed out the babysteps and started doing them one at a time.... whammo! I was hooked! It's helping me get past the whole perfectionist brain thing (if I can't do it ALL, I won't do ANY of it) Then it builds and builds until we're risking health hazard ;-) or someone is coming to visit and we have to do a marathon cleaning session that wipes me out... then I don't feel like cleaning again for a while....then it's a huge job again... don't want to touch it 'til I have time to do it all... cycle continues....
What's with me and ellipsis today????

P.S. Word verification: bofony
Someone please come up with a definition.

Guileless Mom said...

sue-

SOOOO true about the exercise/motivation analogy! Guess that explains why I'm horrible at exercizing too.