Traffic sucks.
Last month we (hubby and I) missed our temple trip. Traffic contributed. I supposed if we were truly faithful it would not have deterred us. Nonetheless, we set out on a Friday afternoon (therein lies our mistake) to go to the Redlands temple. Which, by the way, I am falling in love with. (Normally we stay in our temple district and go to Los Angeles, but since LA is closed for renovations we've been trekking to Redlands. I think we might keep trekking to Redlands.)
As I was saying....... Head out at 3PM for a 4:45 appointment. (Mini-temple= appointments. ESPECIALLY on a Friday!) With no traffic it is about a half hour drive. With traffic, closer to an hour. We figured there would be traffic and planned accordingly, right? ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh no. At about 4:40 we're crawling along the 10 freeway and hadn't even left Fontana!!!!!!!!!! FONTANA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (About 10-15 minutes away!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)
I'll shave off the rest of the details. But it was a major bumout. Never even made it halfway!!!!!!
Whatever happened to flying cars?!?!?!?! When I was in 2nd grade, I just KNEW that we would all be flying around in cars by the time I was 25!!!!!!! Or at the very least hopping into some sort of bank-tube like transporter that would suck you to your destination and spit you out the other side like a waterless waterslide. (waterless waterslide?????)
Thursday, March 02, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comment:
Little plug for the Redlands: Darin grew up attending the chapel right next to that temple. I remember when there was an orange grove where that temple now is. Yay for Redlands. Boo for traffic.
Post a Comment