Monday, December 10, 2007

Amy and blogging

It's not that I don't like having a blog. In fact I really enjoy having a blog. The fact is, even if I don't actually write anything on my blog, I get my thoughts out. I can't even tell you how many times I'll have a detailed blog post run through my head. I even follow up with running comments and dialog that goes back and forth. I think, "Oooh! I want to write about this!" Run it through in my mind a few times. Perfect the verbiage. Refine my thoughts. Done.

I used to feel bad that I never actually took the time to type these blog posts. Occasionally I'd add them to my "to-do list".
  1. Pick up food for Relief Society EN
  2. Do the dishes (the sink is overflowing!!!)
  3. Wash Heidi's pa'u skirt before hula tonight!!!!
  4. Come up with project for March Enrichment Night!
  5. Call B & K
  6. Work on lesson for next Sunday
  7. Blog about going to junior high with Jessica Alba
  8. blog: crazy old neighbor
  9. (If extra time-- blog about my obsession with popcorn)
(Notice the number of exclamation points I use in my check lists? I really do use them this way. It makes my check list seem more urgent.)

Inevitably I lose the list or move on to a new list and never cross the blogging part off. In fact, all the times I added "blog" to my to-do list, I never actually posted a blog. I think those ones are my best material too! ;) See, once I've taken the time to think out a blog post, I'm finished with it. It's like "hmm, got that out of my mind. "

So I just wanted to take a moment to let you, my dear readers, (yes I know the hundreds all three of you are checking daily for updates) in on my sporadic blogging habits. The fact that this blog exists allows me to clear my mind. It's like having an imaginary journal. Why, if it weren't for this blog that I never post to, I'd have much higher stress from not letting my thoughts and imagination run wild. I wouldn't spent half as much time ruminating, reflecting and pondering on thoughts that never get posted as I have since creating this blog.

So again, I enjoy having this blog. I promise to keep not writing in it for a long time so that I can continue working my thoughts out.

I'm sure my posterity will really appreciate the fact that I never write in my real journal or my web journal/blog. Nice, Amy. Nice.

1 comment:

QueenScarlett said...

You're funny. I know what you mean... I have so many blog post ideas...but I either forget them when I have time...or it's been dialoged out in my head and it's done. ;-)

Good to see you appear every now and then! How's it going with 2 girlies? ;-)