Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Mmmmmmmm

Made some spring sugar cookies today. But this was something a little new for me. They were whole wheat sugar cookies!!! I've had my wheat grinder for about 3 years now. I LOVE my wheat grinder. Never, have I attempted to make something like SUGAR COOKIES with my wheat grinder. It just didn't seem "right".

Well folks, I've changed my mind. Whole wheat sugar cookies ARE right. Delish, I tell you! Delish!




Notice my daughters mark on these cookies? She was in charge of sprinkles. And cookie testing. (the tulip on the bottom) :)

You know what the trick was? I ground half soft white wheat, and half hard white wheat for the mix. Then ran it through again to get a finer texture. Perfect!

2 comments:

QueenScarlett said...

So...you made cookies that are good for you... which means... we can eat as much as we want... I like that.

Guileless Mom said...

At the very least, all that whole wheat goodness negates the 2 sticks of butter I used, right?

;)